If you want to mix up your content strategy, why not consider incorporating video content? In the past, the idea of creating a marketing video was often an expensive endeavor. However, with resources such as Instagram Video and Vine, brief, high quality videos can now easily be shot from your smartphone for free.
For those that are on the fence about using video content to engage an audience, here are 10 mind blowing video marketing statistics to make you think otherwise:
1. Video marketing has been popular for a long time, with viewership growing significantly each year. In 2012, 70.8% of internet users watched an online video, and that number has grown each year since. (Click To Tweet!)
2. As of 2013, 93 percent of marketers were using video in their campaigns. Of these businesses using video content, 82% confirmed that incorporating video content into campaigns had a positive impact on their businesses. (Click To Tweet!)
3. Online video has the ability to increase your audience’s understanding of your product or service by 74%. (Click To Tweet!)
4. Between 2012 and 2014, video content viewed from a mobile device increased by 400%. It’s anticipated that this number will double again by 2016. Therefore, preparing video content that is optimized for mobile viewing is key. (Click To Tweet!)
6. Video is a powerful way to maintain your audience’s attention. In fact, 65% of internet users will watch more than 3/4 of a video. (Click To Tweet!)
7. Incorporating video into email marketing campaigns can increase your click-through rate by 2 to 3 times. This makes video a perfect medium for standing out and catching the attention of the consumer that casually pursues his inbox. Simply including the word “video” in your email subject line can increase your open rate by 19 percent. (Click To Tweet!)
8. Online video advertisements have proven to be incredibly effective. This is evidenced by the 71% of internet users that have performed a search after seeing an online video advertisement and the less than 10 percent of online consumers that skip through online video ads. (Click To Tweet!)
9. YouTube, the second largest search engine in the world, receives more than 1 billion unique visitors each month. Even if just a small fraction of these visitors (let’s say 0.01%) expressed an interest in your business, that could still expose your business to 100,000 consumers each month. (Click To Tweet!)
10. If you’re looking to get your website on page one of search results, video is a very effective way to do this. I guess this is no surprise, though, considering that Google owns YouTube. Did you know that video is 50 times more likely to get organic page ranks than results that just include plain text? Also, search results that include video have a 41 percent higher click-through rate. (Click To Tweet!)
If these powerful statistics have left you excited about giving video marketing a try, be sure to download our free Small Business Video Marketing Guide to make sure that you get started on the right foot!